The Good Life

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Moving Home

Moving home, yes! I find myself in the terrible situation of having to change my blog address. I could tell that there were too many people whom I didn't want reading my blog reading my blog. The last straw was when this total stranger of a fat girl approached a tired and drained me after a lecture last Friday, smiled a very meek smile and asked "Hey, hi XXXXX (I shall not reveal my name here for security reasons), I've been reading your blog!" and then ran away giggling. I was stunned because now she probably knows where I stay, where I like to hang out, what I like to eat, etc. etc., i.e. things that strangers should not be knowing about me. Well, no more haha. She can check back on my old blog for all she wants. Hopefully she'll never find me again. She could be some crazy online stalker for all I know. These things are very inconvenient. Well I've only told 23 of my friends about my new blog, and I'll be watching the blog views counter very very closely. If the page view count exceeds a total of 23 in a day, then I can conclude that there must be strangers reading this again. That would also mean that one of my 23 friends, all sworn to secrecy, has betrayed me!

Soccer! Today i scored not 1, 2, or 3 but FOUR wonder goals. Dribbled past countless posses of defenders, and smashed them all in off the post. The two strikers in my team looked worried. I mean the two of them are pretty deadly when it comes to tap-ins, but they can't dribble for nuts. I'm sure I can do a better job than them. But Coach wants me to play as a left-back still, and even though I'm a right footer. Where's the sense in that?? How many did the two of them score? Nothing. I know Roberto Carlos is a star in his own right, but I would very much rather be able to emulate my idol, the one and only Darren Huckerby. If I'm playing as left-back again next week, I'll speak up to Coach. I have to do what is best for the team, after all.

Well thinking about it makes me quite mad. Nothing so terrible as talent going around unrecognised. Oh well! I have more things to worry about anyway. For instance, there's school tomorrow. The worst thing is that Ahmed is sick. This means I'll have to go to school by myself! (Dad refused to hire a replacement for Ahmed.) This in turn means I'll have to take the bus and the train. No taxis because Dad wants me to 'see the world out there'. Yeah right. Wow. I hope public transport isn't unhygenic or anything. I've heard a lot about people coughing and sneezing there like it's nobody's business. No wonder Ahmed is sick haha, cos he takes public transport home. Alright enough rambling. Dad has sent Aminah to buy a bus/train guide for me, and wants me to memorise the buses I have to take tomorrow, and which train station to stop at. He'll be quizzing me after dinner. Better go get ready for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home