The Good Life

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Counting The Loss

JAKARTA: The confirmed death toll from the massive earthquake and tidal waves that devastated much of Asia's coastline passed 55,000 Tuesday, with officials warning the figure was likely to rise steeply.
--- Channel Newsasia

Woah..

This is the first time I know of a natural disaster that have claimed so many lives.

Some people are pouring aids...
One couple is collecting clothes and money, and will bring these personally to Chennai, India, where some 50,000 people are thought to have been made homeless. If you are interested in donating money, or clothes and blankets you can contact the Vadrevu family at 9638 3236, or by e-mail at shobha@pacific.net.sg. - CNA

While others are crying foul that the affected airlines are not going to refund them of their tickets....

Also......
We have a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) medical team on standby to reach Indonesia with relief supplies by Thusday to provide relief to earthquake and tidal wave victims. Yes, you heard me, Thursday. - Mr Brown's blog

Thursday is... like so long from now. And Indonesia is like.... not far from here.

Lukewarm response? Difficulty in organising a 'big-scale operation'? Yah... I have my fair share of experience too.

Why are people not responding to my approach? I don't know. Maybe I'm not as handsome as Liang Chao Wei. Maybe I'm not as cool as Jin Cheng Wu. Maybe I'm not as popular as Brad Pitt. Maybe I'm not a chio bu bah. * question marks in my head*

Anyway, I would like to help the victims too... but I am struggling to get out of my comfort zone. Somebody please give me a push....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home