The Good Life

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hey Jose

Even in defeat, Mourinho had not lost his innate self-belief, claiming he still regards himself as the 'special one'.
'For sure I am. You want to try and succeed in your job like I have done in mine inside three years? You have no chance,' he told one reporter.

~

Mourinho, who saw Eidur Gudjohnsen come within inches of a late equaliser that would have secured a victory on away goals, insisted: 'I felt the power of Anfield, it was magnificent.
'I felt it didn't interfere with my players but maybe it interfered with other people and maybe it interfered with the result.
'You should ask the linesman why he gave a goal. Because, to give a goal, the ball must be 100 per cent in and he must be 100 per cent sure that the ball is in. 'My players say it was not a goal. I have not seen it on television but other people say you can't say for certain it was a goal.
'Only one person decided the future of the teams and of players who have never played a Champions League final.
'So it's very strange. It was a goal from the moon or the Anfield Road stand, I don't know where. 'But I respect that, I make mistakes, players make mistakes and he made a mistake. That's life.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home