The Good Life

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Views From The Kopitiam- About Degrees

Extracts:
JH: How come the ah tiongs so clever ah. Today I tried to be like them and do my tutorials but cannot leh. We are all humans why they are different?

LH: Wah lau, how to compare? Maybe they got talents leh?

AX: They had come from so far to sudy here, so they are more focus lah. And many did not have many outside commitments, unlike some of us.

JH: Eh like that how to fight? I just want to get average results leh, but these people are spoiling the market.

LH: What? You just want to get average results? Then you study for what?

JH: I just want to get a degree.

I immediately exchange a high-five with him. Finally, there is one guy who thinks like me. Or about the same.

I did try to read and understand the lectures. I did attempt the tutorials. BUT. But, they make no sense to me. Having doing part-time jobs for my father, and an attachment outside NTU, I realised (Although I have to admit, the realisation came long time ago.) that what I am studying now had no bearings to whatever I'm doing in future. UNLESS. Unless, if I lost my mind and went to research sector where maybe some of the formulaes I'm struggling to understand now will come into use.

Then why I'm doing what I'm doing now? For that piece of worthless but important paper lor. What else you tell me?

It started on Friday night. Start stop, the rain continues on Saturday, then the whole day on Sunday. The weather gives no face to anybody, not even MM Lee, who are invited for the opening ceremony at Chinatown. Not even the people doing the emergency exercise codename NorthStar V are spared.

Lesson: Nature is still the king. Disrespect them at your peril.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home