The Good Life

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Are You A Soccerball?

Duhh... can't really plonk my ass down to study for Effective Comms. One moment I'm watching Band of Brothers... with my sound system doing it's good job that my mother have to come into my room to ask me if there is a war going on.... next I read soccernet. Proud of the Man Utd supporters over in UK. Did a damn fantastic job in blocking Glazer's attempt in taking over the club. Thought I can concentrate if I shut off my computer, but went to watch Japan VS Singapore. Again... I thought the Japanese fans are fantastic. Filled the whole stadium with their blue jerseys. Not to forget the flag wavings and loud chantings. Cool...

Singapore did well. Ok not a pretty sight as Japan is far superior than us. Thought Singapore can snatch a shocking equaliser when Dickson is through on goal. But his shot is well parried away by the keeper. Only 2 teams will draw me to the TV set whenever there is live telecast. One is Man Utd... the other is.. Singapore team. Yep... I'm keeping track on Singapore. Would like to see more chinese rather than.... would like to see more attacking flair instead of always clearing the ball first time. Right now there is only Goh Tat Chuan... I want more more MORE!! I'm not impress with the foreigners though. Ok.. I will not go into personal attacks.

When can Singapore have such a superb fanbase like Man Utd or Japan? The Japanese flood the stadium even though they knew that Japan is fielding it's second strings and it's opponent is Singapore. I once ask people to go Jalan Basear to watch Japan VS Singapore with me... but with reasons I forgot liao.. I didn't go. One day... one day I will go Old Trafford to dance with the fans over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home