The Good Life

Sunday, March 20, 2005

A Dog's Thought

I like her.

Tame and gentle. Not hyperactive. Though wary of stranger's due to her abused past, I have slowly won her trust. In fact, she is my fav among all.

As I tried to hand feed her, a visitor came.

I got out, and stood by the side.

"Ah..... she's tame isn't it?" he asked.

I gave a nod.

He took a closer look at the tag.

"Oh.... 12 years old? Isn't it a bit old?" He gave a disapproving remark.

She looked at me, a bit sad.

5 minutes later, I'm in her cage again. Trying to hand feed her.

Skinner, not a beauty, is 12 years old. With looks and age not by her side, I think she will continue to be here in the cage for a while.

Now people goes for the 'surface things'. Looks, money, paper qualifications, cars, branded goods, luxury living. How can blame them? They also want to enjoy life while they can. But sometimes we dwell too much on them.

As for the dog, I'm glad she is not adopted 'cos she can continue to be my fav dog in SPCA.

Ok... I'm a bit selfish here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home