The Good Life

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Hi Sir... Please Donate

While brushing my teeth.... a sudden thought struck my mind.

If you are on the street and have only $2 left in your pocket.... and is tempted by the good smell of ba cho mee at the coffeeshop 'cos you are damn hungry.... suddenly you are intercepted by a student holding the 'magic' can.

"Excuse me sir... can you......"

What is your choice?

........................................

I will not donate.

I choose the ba cho mee.

No... I'm not hard-hearted. But I think this place is saturated by all the charity drives. Got President Charity, Renci show, NKF, what xin lian xin.. and also many other Charities with names I forget liao. Even though Saturday is assigned as flag day..... I will occasionally meet people with those cans on Mon or some other days. My point is.... there are too many Charity drives.

No no no.... Yah I know there can never be 'too many' when it comes to doing good deeds... but too much expose will irked some people.

And I don't mean that I am satisfied with the amount of donations I made.

Don't worry, I will still donate generously and will be willing to help the needy. But..... I still hope there will be fewer of the 'less significant' Charity drives lah... and if Sat is assigned as flag day.. then stick to that and not spill over to other days.

I hope the angels will still come to my dreams despite of these thoughts..... eh.. Amen.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home