The Good Life

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bye 2004, Hi 2005

The world quietly welcomed the new year. Celebrations scaled down or cancelled, as a mark of respect and understanding to the victims around the region.

As I'm comfortably sitting inside my cozy room despite the rain outside, I can't help but think of those homeless. Hey people..... count your blessings.

2004 a year to forget?

Quite a disaster-hit year. Hurricanes and storms hit US in earlier part of the year, floods in China, scandals in United Nations, violence in Africa, unstability in Middle East, racism in Europe, and how to forget United States' stupid decision to bring war to Iraq?

But there are also some wonderful moments for me. The Sun is still shining, the air is still quite fresh, there is still a roof over my head, and I got money to spend. What about the world. I don't know. My definations of wonderful may be different from others. A report said that Nigerians are the happiest people on Earth. What is their defination of happiness? They don't have as many money as I have, most of them don't go to school, many of them don't have such a comfortable room as mine... so what makes them happy? Are you happy?

Ok, anyway, will 2005 be more rosier? Don't put much hope on it. But still, no matter what happens, we must stick together and pull through together. The disaster area around the region is far from over. The threat of epidemic is looming. The world's stability will still be as shaky as ever. But.......

There will always be hope.

So what is 2004 to me? It's an indifferent year I guess.

In the meantime, I also have a few things to settle man. Attitude. My attitude sucks man. I want to think critically. I want to be original. I want to speak out. I want to challenge the norms.

Lets say.... not what others will do, but what YOU will do in the new year to make it a better year than 2004.

I also want to go on a trip. Mongolia beckons. It's expensive. But it will be an eye-opener for me. I'm working on it.

So..... I think it's too early to predict 2005. But let us work towards making it a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home