The Good Life

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Tom and Dick Discuss: Hot Babes

Dick: Sigh, another boring lecture coming up..

Dick: Hey Tom, can you like look less happy and wipe that silly smile off your face.

Tom: (keeps smiling)

Dick: Hey hey hey... are you okay?

Tom: Yeah. Just that.. last Friday was such a wonderful day.

Dick: Last Friday? How come?

Tom: ... such a beautiful day...

Dick: Eh..

Tom: Well I was in the reading room area lah. I was discussing my project with my group mates.

Dick: Big deal..

Tom: Not just that lah. When I entered the room, I noticed that XXX was also there.. (Darren: XXX is hottest babe in their entire batch, according to Tom)

Dick: So what? I mean she's probably here too, in the same room as us now.

Tom: Well later on our group started to talk cock. And then she decided to join in. Then later we spoke to each other!!!

Dick: Wah so she knows you now?

Tom: Yeah man. I think this is the first step to greater things.

Dick: Aiyah it's not such a big deal. Still a long way to go. Oh yeah and anyway, I heard she already has a boyfriend.

Tom: Issit??

Dick: Yeah. And furthermore, I heard he's an Indian.

Tom: Wah WTH. How come these hot babes always like that one.

Dick: Sad right.

Dick: Anyway so how was she like?

Tom: She's very friendly lah. Out of nowhere just come up to talk to us. But then she is quite gossipy man. But can tell she is nice. And spunky. You know when she smiles, her eyes smile together as well. They are so adorable you think she is incapable of evil. Plus her grin is quite infectious. Thinking of her makes me smile myself.

Dick: Yes yes I can see that. Wah lau. Better not dig yourself too deep a hole to fall into. You must be realistic.

Tom: I like the way she talks also. So classy. She's like from another level altogether. Even the music she listens to. Jazz sia. Wah lau.

Tom: Oh yeah. You know I was telling you about her blog. I have been reading it for a few months liao. But it turns out that there are TWO XXXs in our batch.. and this blog belongs to THE OTHER XXX!!

Dick: WTF?? Wah lau!

Tom: Yeah it's so strange you know. All along I've built this impression of XXX partly from her in person when I see her in school, and partly from her blog. Then I piece her together to form a person in my impression whom I have grown to like. But now, I have to unlearn what I thought I had learnt about her from her blog. So it's like, she is a half-new person to me now- familiar, yet unfamiliar...

Tom: I had to delete away what I had thought all along was true. Now I must tell myself: No, she does not like the same songs as me. No, she does not like to use those phrases used in the blog. No, she is not as blur as she sounds on that blog.

Tom: Having to undo what you've built up in your mind over time, having to unlearn something you always thought was a fact. This feeling.. it's so surreal, you know? Dick?

Dick: (whispers) Eh shit. I think she is sitting behind us!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home