The Good Life

Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Power Of Media

Decided to be brave enough to ditch my readings on my lectures notes and watch Fahrenheit 9/11 (Disc 1 only 'cos I only got such time to spare).

First time watching such a documentry film so it's quite refreshing. Actually it's more of a comedy to me, because Michael Moore really made a fool out of him. Learned a lot about Mr Bush and his family's dealings witht the Saudis. True or not, I don't know.

Well you can say the film is biased, up to you. Go on, say it.

Biased or not, there are always two sides to a story. I can say Mr Moore really take his chance very well and whacked Mr Bush upside down. Power of the media. Power to the people.

The scene where Mr Bush sat in front of the children after being told that America was being attacked is classic. It's still running in my mind.

And the music is funny too. Power of the media. Looking forward to Disc 2.

1 Comments:

  • It's not biased lor. It is freaking biased. Purposely choosing scenes to make the administration looked bad. Very lopsided and unbalanced view.

    Anyway looks like Bush's efforts might be paying off, after what is happening in Lebenon, Saudi Arabia and Egypt (all showing signs of embracing democracy... slooooooowly) and most importantly Paletine.

    I think Michael Moore should have filmed Super Size Me instead. At least you cannot said he hasn't done the research for that. Wahahahaha..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home