The Good Life

Saturday, April 09, 2005

For Christ's Sake... What Is This?

"Have you called this number xxxx-xxxxxxx?" a kind looking uncle asked the guy sitting next to him in a barber shop.

"No.. 'cos I called many times last year.." the bewildered looking guy replied.

"Then all the most you should call again this year! If you called last year and call again this year, there will be more chances for you to win all those attractive rewards!" claimed the enthu uncle.

"Wow! Really? I will call now!" the guy said, his tongue now hanging out, like a hungry man who haven't eaten for days suddenly saw a plate of chicken rice in front of him.

.....

I can't understand. NKF seemed to have alot of money hor... according to all the prizes dishes out. I still can't forget the scene last time when they broadcast those winners with their cash rewards. They are waving the money in their hand and laughing.

Eh... hope those with troubled kidneys don't get a chance to see it.

And not to forget during the NKF show the NKF people will always zoom in on one of the unfortunate patient, and the host will sit beside him/her, with tears in his eyes... asking for donations, not aware of the fact that the patient is wincing in his/her seat due to the intense media glare on him/her.

Sigh.... I believe we are all good people. So please don't make us look so bad if we choose not to donate, like we are some evil people who only care about ourselves and not others.

Like I said, I believe the NKF is very rich liao. What about those poor old dudes who live near my area and live on about $5 a day?

Or the poor lady seeling tissue packets outside the library? (not NTU library)

I hate the commercials from NKF. Makes donars look like greedy pots.

.....

Billions of aid are pledged to the tsunami rebuilding effects. But now there are already reports of corruption within those handling the aids.

The Pope passed away. Millions flood to the Vatican paying their respect, with millions more praying for him across the globe. But I don't feel a thing. Because I don't know this guy. He should be a good man, isn't it? But why are there so many cases of child molestations happening due to some people in high authorithy abusing their power? Did the Pope do anything to arrest this problem?

Just food for thought.

Just a lonely night with me and my computer.

The world are full of people trying to do good deeds. There are also a lot of presumely good people doing bad things.

Things are bad enough liao. To make my stand, I hope NKF don't make the situation worse.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home