The Good Life

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hey Jose

Extracted from The Telegraph

Mourinho told Lineker that his "special one", super-confident image was not the real him. "Sometimes I feel I need to be like that to play a little bit with emotions. I can be speaking with you but I know that my players are watching, players from other teams are also watching ... "

"It's a bit of an act, then?" asked Lineker.

"Yes, it's a bit of an act. I think you have to act a little bit and to show sometimes a different face. I am not bad at it. I'm not the 'special one'. I was under pressure when I arrived as a European champion and I thought I wasn't respected.

The press put 50 difficult questions to me - can you succeed, are you ready for this and are you ready for that? I said, 'what you want is this - I'm the special one', and you never forget it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home