The Good Life

Friday, June 17, 2005

Angels and Demons

Cynic:
One day you will wake up from your wonderful dream and realize that this world is cruel.

Optimist:
I haven’t denied that the world is cruel. I know it as a fact. But that doesn’t mean I should stop believing in the good of people and things.

Cynic:
You want to be good? You want to change the world? But you are powerless. And why are you powerless? That’s because you refuse to fuck the good ways.

Optimist:
What do you mean?

Cynic:
Sometimes it’s just a bloody blur line between good and evil. You don’t have to keep to the good side so religiously. And I fucking hate the way you make excuses for your failures by saying that you have done the ‘right’ thing. Because of that, you will end up with nothing. Nothing.

Optimist:
… …

Cynic:
Stop pretending to be a saint when you are not. We all lie and do some bad things all the time. But every time, you just dismiss and criticize others for doing it and when you do it yourself, you think it’s perfectly fine. You practiced double standards and find all sorts of excuses.

Optimistic:
I know we all do wrong. This is in the Christian teachings; that we are all sinners. Aren’t you finding excuses as well? To do the wrong things? Well, I don’t think the world is perfect but I believe that there are some good in people. And because I believe I will be able to find them. And if you don’t believe, you won’t find them.

Cynic:
I know I won’t find them anyway. So why should I believe? You are too
naïve to believe in that. You are going to be selfish and evil anyway when the time comes to choose. You cannot escape that.

Optimist:
I never proclaim that I will definitely be able to do the right things when things come, but I never stop reminding myself to do the right thing. And that’s the difference between you and me. Not good and evil. But giving up and not giving up.

Cynic: … …

Optimist: So you don’t believe in true friends?

Cynic: Sorry. I don’t

***************************************************


Cynic:
You know what? The devil has come to me. He offered me perks. I’ve seen it myself. It’s true.

Optimist:
At what price? And how do you know it’s not an illusion?

Cynic:
Well, at least, he came to me. He was sincere. The price: losing God’s favour? I don’t care if it’s just an illusion. It’s at least something. And what has God given me? Where is he when I needed him?

Optimist:
Maybe I’m the angel he sent to help you? Listen to me, stay on the good side. Don’t make any deals with the devil. Just like salesman, he just want something you have and you can never cut a good deal with him.

Cynic:
If he were a salesman, he’s a pretty good one because he had the initiative to come to me. He’s convinced me to pay the price.

Optimist:
Are you sure? You’ve made up your mind?

Cynic:
Yes

Optimist:
I’m sorry to hear that


****************************************
To be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home