The Good Life

Friday, September 17, 2004

Free To Decide (part 2)

My mind is in a mess by now.. go back and confess or not? What!!? Confess? You crazy? If you shut up and act as if nothing happen nobody will notice! My 'bad' moral friend inside me shouted. No no.. this is not good. You are not like that.. where is the good old boy that I used to know? My 'good' moral friend replied. With a sign... I said down on the pavement. "What's wrong?" Sheng asked in concern.
"I'm ok.. just realized that I left something at Hui's house. You go first la." I said.
"Ok.. remember lunch at usual place tomorrow!" beamed Sheng as he left.
I gave a smile... a forced one. I dreaded what is going to happen next. So I'm going back to confess? I asked myself. There is no need to, you are free to decide.. my 'bad' moral friend said.. giving me a pat on my shoulder. What the fuck.. I said to myself before I stand up and head for Hui's house.

"Hey, what makes you come back?" Hui laughed as he saw me again. Slowly... I wanted to open my mouth and speak. But no words came out. I struggled.
"Nevermind, tell you again next time." I said and I turned and leave.
"No, no, what you want to say?" Hui grabbed me by the arm and ask.
I looked at him.. and slowly took out the crystal from my pocket. If he was surprised then he did a good job by not showing it. I explained to him that I like the crystal so much that I did a stupid thing by taking it without asking. Hui was silent... He took the crystal from me... then he said :"Ok.. since you like it so much.. then I will put it on sale. Asking price is $3000." I'm stunned. Where the hell can I get so much money?

I looked at him... he stared back at me. "Ok.. deal." I said. I headed back home and flipped through the classified section of the newspaper. I must not slack now. The crystal is on sale and I will lose it if I slack. I am grateful that Hui did not really take it to heart about the incident.. but I don't know whether our relationship as friend will be the same as the past....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home