The Good Life

Thursday, September 16, 2004

PAIRS

Just like that
I was walking along a crowded street when he came up to me. He had the most forgettable face and I wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't stopped just in front of me.

Before I could say anything or walk away, he whipped out a smelly fish from his trench coat and slapped it on my face. Wet, cold and smelly.

I was like "what the fuck?" Then I felt my body grew lighter. I began to float.

"I'm death. You are dead now." He said solemnly.

"Just like that? what the fuck?"


Tightrope
I couldn't recall how I ended up there. For as long as I can remember, I was there. And perhaps I was there since the beginning of time.

There I was, balancing on a tightrope with its ends tied to two tall towers on either side. The two towers were the only thing I can see. I can't see how high I was. I looked down and it was a blur. But I was strangely born with the idea that there is a safety net below me.

"Move!!! Get to the tower." A voice from the sky boomed. It was so loud I could have fell after hearing that. But it seems I have an innate flair for balancing on that particular pt. After all, I've been there since god knows when.

While, I feel perfectly at ease balancing at that point, it not difficult to imagine that I would like to move away.

I chose 'right' because it sounded 'right'. I held my breath and slowly took one step to my right.
Shit, the moment I left my original position, my sense of balance left me. I began to wobble. I began to fear.

There was no time to think so I took another step, to attempt to restore balance. It makes things worse. I have to move faster and faster towards the tower on my right. "What the hell is there? Why am I even moving there?" My subconscious screamed. Or I could go back to my safe position.

The thought that there would be a safety net suddenly becomes ridiculous.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home