The Good Life

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Char Kwey Tiao One Packet

Buy one of my fav food for lunch (the one selling at the market near my house is the best I've eaten). Hoho.. saw the couple's children helping out at the store. Very cute and friendly kids. I will continue to buy from them. Loyalty is in my blood.

Suddenly there was a roasted chicken on my lap... and it was talking to me. "Kiss me so that I can become a real chicken and run away!!" I looked around and saw that it was from the chicken rice store next to the char kwey tiao store. The chicken rice seller was waving his chopping knife like he was trying to kill some flies.
"Erm... but you have just ran away.." I replied. "But I want to be a real chicken!" it said in a sad voice...
"Hey where is my chicken??!" the seller shouted and saw us. "Nah li pao (where can you run)" with that he came charging out.
"Kiss me now!!" I had never kissed a roasted chicken so I hesitate.
"Ah boy... your packet ready." The lady said... dangling the steamy-and-mouth-watering food in front of my face. I paid for the food and go home.

** But I really saw a live chicken wondering around... pecking on the floor. It is strange that nobody gave a damn about it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home