The Good Life

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Road Is Like A Tiger's Mouth

Woah....

Reported in Straits Times Home section.. Dec 22...
"..... Mr Richard Tann, 55, a genaral manager of a moving company, was ahead of the pack, when he saw a blue bus approaching from the opposite direction. Mr Tann said a lorry was parked in front of the bus, so he signalled to the bus driver not to change lanes until the line of cyclists had passed.
'But he showed me his middle finger and moved out of his lane,' he alleged. Seconds later, Mr Tann heard a loud bang."

The poor victim (Mr Ang) suffered severe head trauma, punctured lungs and multiple fractures.

I really felt sorry for the guy. What turned out to be an enjoyable outing ended like this. I also have my fair share of near-accident incidents while on the road. Sometimes it's my fault... but sometimes it's not.

All I want to say is drivers/riders please drive/ride carefully. Take precautions and please be courteous to other road users.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home