The Good Life

Friday, December 24, 2004

Songs of Love

I thanked her for sending me a happy song.
'Happy?' she asked. Apparently she doesn't feel so.
She also told me that she often feels melancholic during the x'mas season.
Strangely, i found that from the songs she liked, there's a recurring theme.
It's often about loving someone and wanting to tell the person so badly.
Saying that is easy for someone like me, who is a born liar.
living with the declaration may be tougher.

I guess love is a bit of everything. there's a bit of joy, a pinch of melancholy, a drop of uncertainty and a whole chunk of faith (preferably blind faith)

Side effects:
Makes a person retracts statements like: I don't count on anyone/I don't depend on anyone
Makes a person weak and silly by filling his mind with many fantasies and illusions.
Makes a person feel that with the other half, he can do anything in the world; without, he won't be able to live.
Makes a person listen to a song and examine the lyrics over and over again.

that's when i love you by aslyn

when you have to look away
when you dont have much to say
thats when i love u i love u just that way
to hear u stumble when u speak
or see you walk with two left feet
thats when i love you i love u endlessly

and when ur mad cuz u lost a game
forget im waitin in the rain
thats when i love u
i love u anyways

so heres my promise made tonite
you can count on me for life
cuz thats when i love you
when nothin u do could change my mind
the more i learn the more i love
the more my heart cant get enough
thats when i love u when i love u
no matter what

If you could excuse me....cos I feel a bit giddy already and I'd better be examining other songs.

Merry X'mas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home