The Good Life

Sunday, December 05, 2004

When The Distance Is 42.195 Klicks

You can be sure that I'm a relieved man when I crossed the finishing line.

Really feel like the Long March that I had during NS.

But it was an eye opener. With so much people running/walking with me... the feeling is wonderful. Not to mention some babes I saw along the way. I also met some familiar faces. It was a wonderful morning lah...

About babes... that brings my attention to the cheerleaders. I was impressed by their enthusiasim and energetic smiles. Wait a minute.. were those smiles fake? Because I saw some that were like I'm-forced-to-smile smiles. Anyway... special mention to the group at East Coast (black colour costumes) and those outside Indoor Stadium (white colour costumes). I spotted some really sweet-looking girls. Okok.. enough of those. But still, my general opinion of them was--- irritating.

Only the foreign expats would wake up 5 in the morning and cheer us on. They stood by the roadside... clapping and shouting encouragements. I DON'T SEE ANY LOCALS. What's going on man? This reinforced my opinions that foreigners are more 'sporting and expressive'.

I was also impressed with the SOS Cake. That guy really have strong endurance. Well done!

To all the familiar faces... hope to see you next year!

This year I walk... next year I run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home