The Good Life

Monday, January 17, 2005

Daylight Robbery

I had considered very hard and long.

I decided to skip the 2 lectures that I have today and join my platoonmates (big bird and snake eater) to go JB.

Well... it's only 2 lectures... and I longed to go JB to see see. Since my platoonmates going (they are currently working and on leave today) and they got transport... I say, why not?

Ok.. being the most lazy fellow... I slack at the passenger seat while my two friends occupied the front seats. Enjoying the scenery as we travelled... I didn't know that this trip will be an exciting one.

We stopped at a roadside restaurant to eat lunch. The place was not that crowded at that time. While walking along the carpark, a motorcycle zoomed past us and the pillion rider snatched at a lady's handbag who was in front of us. Lucky for her, she managed to hold on to her handbag and a scuffle followed.

Being a good Singaporean.... I immediately rushed forward to rescue the lady... despite big bird trying to hold me back. Hey... a hero must help anybody in distress right?

With a mighty kick, I knocked down the motorcycle.... sending the 2 robbers rolling. It was quite comical that I wanted to laugh. But the 2 robbers I'm-going-to-kill-you look made me decided that I better not laugh.

Yeah.... how can my brothers leave me in the lurch? snake eater with a war cry 'Kaneenah-Limpeh-going-to-lup-u-hor-le-see!' came rushing to my aid. big bird... the most kiasee among us (haha... sorry lah.. no offence) oso decided to show his fist.

Think the robbers scared of us lah. Abandoning their motorbikes.... ran into a nearby plantation.

Guessed we had thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we decided not to give chase. The lady (malaysian) was very grateful of our help. You know what? She is the wife of the owner of the restaurant! Wuahahaha!!! We had a big and free lunch (No... we did not ask for it. She and her husband insisted that the meal was free.)

While eating... big bird said in a low voice:"Better eat fast and 'siam' quickly. Those robbers may be part of a gang... like the M-16 gang like that.. they may be back for revenge."

Although snake eater did not believe that story... we still eat quickly. Haii... the Singaporean mentality?

We thanked the owner for the meal and we continued our journey. Yah..... during the journey, we keeped looking back to see if our car was being trailed.. lucky the rest of the day went smoothly for us. Haha!! What an enjoyable day..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home