The Good Life

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Westerners Are King?

"Welcome welcome! What would you like for a drink?"

Well maybe because there were not much patrons in the pub that's why we got the first-minute-serve. Then the waitor continued by suggesting the Happy Hour drink, which suited our decisions. I must say the pub really have a weird taste of choice for their songs which they played.

Then the western couple in front of us decided to leave. The boss went up to them, said a lot of 'thank you very much!' and 'please come again!' which really made my eye-brow raised. Too friendly for my liking. Well... of course, being the friendly westerners, the couples also responded to the 'friendly-outburst' in an appropraite way (I always think that westerners are more friendly and outspoken than Asians, which make them approachable). Anyway... back to the boss. Maybe that's they way the pub do business -- friendly to their costumers and make them feel at home. Or is it only the westerners?

I had heard a lot of stories that reveals the double standards practised by eateries in Singapore. They suck up to the westerners but shun the locals. For example the Brazil Churrascaria restaurant in Sixth Ave, and also the infamous Ritz-Carlton Millenia Hotel.

I am waiting for this fella to do the same. But he caught me by surprise.

Seeing us taking photos in the pub.... he quickly volunteered his service. He helped us to take a group photo. Plus 1 point.

Then a waiter handed us a plate of camel nuts which we didn't order or demand. Maybe it's part of the package. Anyway, plus another point.

Throughout the stay, the waiters are polite to other patrons. And they also respect our privay by not asking us to buy another round of drinks, which some other pubs do. Ok... add 1 point.

When I went up to pay the money, the cashier accept my money with two hands. Wooo.... add 1 point again.

Then the boss dished out his killing blow. 'Thank you very much and do come again!' followed by 'Happy New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai!'. Cool..... add 2 points.

So, with +6 points with no deductions... this pub seems to be a model pub for others to follow. Maybe today is my lucky day that I encounter a good pub experience. So here I will help to advertise the pub for free. Wait... I didn't remember the pub name... damn...... ok.. I know it is near Chinatown Point. Inside one of it's narrow street. Looks like a chinese Inn from the outside. And plays some weird chinese songs. To the boss: Keep up the good work!

So far I haven't met any lousy-to-the-core pubs or restaurants. Well better not..... 'cos I will definitely write it down here and spread the word to my friends to boycott you. I will make sure you suffer losses. Be sure to treat all costumers equally, with respect. Show discriminations and I will squeeze your balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home