The Good Life

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

told you so

I told people I love you
but I haven't told you.
perhaps, I kind of like you
perhaps, it's less than that

maybe you weren't sure,
but everything else was clear
maybe you couldn't wait
but everything else was there.

consolation,
he says we are not compatible.
he says you two are not compatible
and all hope is not lost

evaluation,
he whispers that I was beaten
or, will be beaten
there isn't any hope at all

the winner wasn't announced,
the loser wasn't informed.
all was known through the soothsayer
before the day of love.

maybe I've lost
or have I ever been in the contest?
so the little things between us,
I have divided them.

hope you have tasted sweet love
'cause I've received my parcel of sorrow.
I'm throwing it out of the window
hopefully by tomorrow

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home