The Good Life

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

David Vs Goliath

Someone standing up against the government.

Someone offering alternative views about the government.

All met the same fate.

I tell you, I had viewed the clip. My view of PAP did not change (If the government is afraid that it will 'brainwash' me. What the hell, isn't what the schools are doing to me?)

But I don't know whether my buddies did, 'cos they are kinda busy you know? Anyway politics are not our cup of tea.

The clip actually make me amused.

But what it did not amuse me is the mewspaper article on ST today.
"Police probe film on Chee Soon Juan" -Home section page 4.

Other countries have criticise that the government is suppressing the views of average Singaporean, despite claiming to be a democratic country. What's more there had been calls for the Singapore version of Micheal Moore to stand up and be counted. Scared liao lah... count what? All squeezed balls liao.

Despite heeding the warnings from the Censorship Board that he will be jailed if his film went for the screening and he pulled out from the screening for Singapore International Film Festival, he was called up to the police station for investigation.

Now everybody will wait and see what will happen to him. If he is 'unjustly' punished, well you should know what will be the repurcussion.

I don't want to mention the A*Star incident. That is a an embarressment.

Anyway, the Singapore government looks real bad in this.
From the website of Amnesty International Film Festival: The film has just been withdrawn from the Singapore International Film Festival because of government censorship. We are proud to host the World Premiere and to support freedom of expression for artists worldwide.

Guardian Newspaper, Tue Mar 22, 2005: Despite its strictly controlled media, Singapore has been seeking to promote itself as a centre of Asian arts, with the international film festival one of its cultural highlights. Still, Singapore regularly bans movies, on the grounds that it needs to maintain ethnic and religious harmony in the south-east Asian country of four million.

Ok. Time to do my homework.

(What??? Isn't this the holiday?)

Well that's life. Life of studying in a world class university. Hey! They are teaching me to be a technopreneur you know..... sek sek leh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home