The Good Life

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

City Of God

Posted by Hello


Rating: 8/10

Good movie. I am always interested to watch foreign films so that I can get in touch with foreign cultures and their way of lives.

This movie caught me off guard when this is actually the first time I'm seeing 10 or 12 years old children running around with pistols and killing people. (The violence, until a certain stage, had numbed me.)

Comparing City of God to Singapore, I feel that Singapore is really a very, very, very safe place.

Fav character: Benny, the coolest and hippest gangster, though well liked, was killed by mistake by another sneaky gangster.

Inspired by: Rocket, the wanabe photographer. Now I feel that the reason of buying a digital camera is justified.

Have you seen how poor people lived in a third world country? Have you seen teenagers who actually become a gang leader of.... a bunch of kids? But I like the humanity of certain characters.

Things happen for a reason, no matter how hard you tried to deny it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home