The Good Life

Sunday, September 19, 2004

The Letter

There is a letter on my table when I came back from home after a soccer game session. "From Australia..." my sister popped up from behind and told me while I'm inspecting the origin of the letter. Cool.. I thought. Must be from Ah Qiang. He is currently studying in Perth. I opened the letter.... and stare in disbelief. In it are words written in some sort of codes... and obviously I can't understand it. Tired after the soccer game.. I gave up and went for a bath instead. I tried to read the letter again after my bath. I racked my brains for half an hour, still cannot get it. The codes looked familiar.. think I had learnt before. After sitting there and staring at the letter for another half an hour... I decided to look Beng up. The 3 of us have been friends since we met at Police Academy 5 years ago. We became best of buddies ever since. Maybe he can help.. I thought.

We met at a coffeeshop near my house. I showed Beng the letter. After reading it within 10 seconds, Beng said to me :" Morse codes.. the one we learn in Police Academy. But I forget about it since I left the unit 2 years ago.." Shit.. I thought. What the hell is Ah Qiang trying to tell me? We had been friends for so long... but now he is pulling this stunt on me. "Can you contact him?" Beng asked. He too is very concern about Ah Qiang. I can only shrug my shoulders. The joker only said he is leaving for Australia, but did not give me the full address of his whereabouts. "Can try ICQ." I said. Beng can only shooked his head. "This guy ah... why must he always let us worry.." he sighed.

That night I wait in front of my computer. And wait. And wait. He should be online at this time, I thought. And wait. Then he is online. I quickly send him a message. "You mean you don't understand the codes? Thought we learnt them before?" Ah Qiang replied. I told him I had forgotten all about the codes. "Oh.. haha.. just writing about som problems I had encounter in Australia. Need someone to confide in."
"Well.. there is no need for these codes right?" I countered.
"Heeee... don't want others to know what I'm thinking." I nearly felled off from my chair. "Now you really got what you want. I REALLY don't know what you are writing. Can you explain to me now? I really like to know. Will definitely help you within my means." I quickly shoot back... just in case he suddenly offline. Thank God he didn't. And we had a good and healthy chat online. I don't know whether my advices really helped him... but I'm glad I know what he had been going through and offered my help. And he ACCEPTED my help.

Few things I learnt from this incident. Trust is the basic foundation of a long lasting relationship. And we have to learn to accept other peoples' help. The one who is willing to offer his help will feel hurt if the other party keeps on rejecting his help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home