The Good Life

Monday, September 13, 2004

Carry On

The sharp shrill of whistle rang thru my ears. The gate is opened and we all rushed out. My companion immediately got knocked down by a bullet. Fuck man... get out of my way! I screamed as i pushed n shoved the guy in front.. This bastard is trying to get me killed! Then he got shot too... in front of me. That bullet is aiming for me... but he got it first. Thank you.. i muttered before i jumped into the cold water. The sea water taste salty... plus bloody. Cmon... keep going... i told myself. At last i stepped into dry land.. not dry exactly. I turned and peeped at the landing craft next to me. I saw MG rounds raining generously on the land-bound soldiers. Don't look back.. keep going! I screamed to myself. Bullets are flying all around me. I am huffing and panting.. the weight on my shoulders are too much to bear.. I felt like fainting. "Keep moving! Go forward!" I heard someone shouting. Move.. I said to myself in between my pantings.. don't give up.. There is it! I saw the rally point.. 100 metres in front of me.. continue... go for it.. don't stop.. I told myself.. You can make it one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home