The Good Life

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Erm.... One Minute Silence?

I was walking along a busy street.

Suddenly some sirens sounded. Then followed by the sounds of bells...

I thought to myself... kaoz.. an air raid? I looked around. People are doing their normal stuffs. Walking..... ah pehs sitting on benches chatting... a family with their kids buying ice-creams from a vendor.... cars still zooming past the roads. Air raid your head.

I continue walking. I saw a friend of mine standing in front a shop selling TV sets. I went up to him and asked:" Yo... what you doing man?"

His answer made my eyes nearly popped out.

"I'm observing a one minute silence to the tsunami victims."

I don't know whether was he talking cock to me or what...

The TVs were braodcasting "Live" of the ceremony from Expo.

Hmmm... I realised that the alarms just now were there to signal the beginning of the one minute silence. Can I really do that on a busy street? I will ned a lot of courage to do that.

But I'm really concern about the refugees out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home