The Good Life

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Bashing? But I Want To Walk On Track!

One of the weird arrangements during reservists training, other than booking out super late on a lobo Saturday, is the arrangements of night lessons. From 2030 to 0100.

And not to forget my platoon had a road march on the next day.

Yeah... 3 cheers for the planning team who planned the schedule for the battalion. Love you so much.

Luckily the lecturer had mercy on us. Besides telling us a few lame jokes, he chop chop finished the lecture by 2230.

Yeah... 3 cheers for thinking soldiers.

The lecture is about Rules of Engagement during urban warfare and some introduction about the Geneva Convention. Needless to say, 90% of us had fallen asleep halfway through the lecture.

Can't blame us for not listening though. Who will follow those rules during conflicts?

 


The lessons I had learnt: 1)Winners will have the final say. 2) There are no rules during wars.

During a Navex excercise, my garang platoon comander led my team to bash through the forest to a checkpoint.

After all the huffing and puffing (not to mention dodging those dangling big spiders), we got what we want and returned to the end point.

Looking at the map, the signaller gave me a what-the-fuck-why-can't-we-walk-on-track look.

I gave him a how-I-know-he-is-the-PC-so-you-ask-him look.

Then the signaller returned me the nay-bei-next-time-I-report-sick look.

Our platoon comander, sensing those stares, turned around and explain that we have to learn during trainings so that we can apply them during missions. That's his principle.

Ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home