The Good Life

Sunday, June 19, 2005

You Think, I Think, Who Confirm?

This is one of my fav phrase during NS.

I believe too much of a thing is bad. So I shall not press on with my views, lest it really become 'bad'.

"If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."" - John F. Kennedy

As I finished preparing my SBO, the feeling is here again. The feeling of being high noble. Hey I'm answering the call of my mother land, dude. So give m credit won't you. If we look at the bigger picture, all these trainings are neccessary. As Sun Tze said, erm..... what he said actually? Something that says thousand days of training are neccessary and will be put to use one day... aiyah something like that lah!

 


So off I go, without complain, to my Incamp training. And this time the girls jolly well don't kaopeh kaobu, or I will surely do my best to start a massive online petition to the government that will ask you girls to serve NS also.....

I wonder how my platoon mates are. Have they changed? Have they grown up? Hmmmm... have to admit that I did not keep in touch with many of them, only a selective few. Anyway, how do people grow? From their lessons learnt? Some said we are having lessons everyday, but this time there are no teachers around to guide us. We have to learn through on our experiences, even be it the hard way.

Scenerio 1 (based on a true story):
A boy stole some toys from his kindergadern classroom. Unexpectedly, his mother found out about it. After the usual backlash, the mother suddenly sat down in front of him and cried. The stunned boy vowed to himself never to do it again. Well, he learnt from the not-so-hard way.

Scenrio 2 (based on my imagination):
A boy stole a chocolate bar from a supermarket. To his delight, he was not caught. Excited and full of confidenece, he went on stealing whenever he felt like it. Until he was caught, and went to jail. Well, he learnt his lesson the hard way.

Scenerio 3 (based on the universal plot from animes):
A boy stole a chocolate bar from the supermarket. He was caught, got beaten up but was not refered to the authorities. The boy felt bitter about it. Then a mysterious man approached him, taught him 'the way of life', taught him skills that made him so skillful at stealing. The boy thought that is the correct way to live, because he was brought up that way. Then one day came along another stranger. Caught the two of them, and throw them into jail. Well, the boy learnt his lesson the harder way.

Scenerio 4 (based on my imagination again):
Same as scenerio 3, but this time they were not caught at all. The boy went on stealing until he passed away. Then at the Gates, the gatekeeper asked him to report what have he done on Earth. Well, I think this boy learnt his lesson from the hardest-of-all way.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

 


Rubbish asides, I will be off to my little retreat for the next few days. Away from civilisation, away from all the troublesome things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home