The Good Life

Friday, June 03, 2005

Maybe We Can Learn To Fly

Just cut and pasted an entry from a friendly one's site. (Should I say who? No lah, don't know her well.) Quite funny, but it reflect's a commoner's life.

The Public Transport Council claims that a family of four (including 2 geen-nahs), will only incur $144.10 per month for travelling.

I'm very curious because every month, just for me alone, I set aside $200 for travelling lor.

Okay, okay, include taxi. But I have to top up EZ-Link card like once every week, each time $20 lor.

So that's at least $80 per month for me. Somemore sometimes I take company bus, so actually I could have been paying more.

So I kaypoh kaypoh took out my calculator to calculate lor.

So assuming hor, I'm a housewife. Everyday I have to:

1) Go NTUC to shop for groceries;
2) Go to school to send and pick up Ah Boy to and from school;
3) Send Ah Boy to Kumon class, piano class, ballet class etc.

For simplicity's sake, just assume that every day, I need to take 1 feeder service and 1 trunk service, 2 ways. Also assume that, like almost all Singaporeans, I just hide Ah Boy behind me when I board so he travel for free, okay?

Feeder service (EZ-Link): $0.53 (non-aircon)
Trunk service (EZ-Link): $0.88 (non-aircon; median fare - probably equivalent to 30-40 mins travel time)
TOTAL = $1.41 (one-way)
less transfer rebate = ($0.25)
TOTAL bus-fare (one-way)= $1.16

Multiply by 2 (2-way) and 30 (30 days in a month) = $69.60

1 adult's transport expenditure=$69.60
Therefore, 2 adults' transport expenditure=$139.20

I haven't included Ah Boy's bus fare yet leh (he too big size sometimes cannot hide). And I also got one Ah Girl. How?

Also not taking into account time wasted waiting for stupid bus, injuries incurred by running after bus driven by selectively blind bus drivers, injuries incurred from being thrown about by bus driver anyhow braking, blood pressure rising from bus driver's snail speed (30km/h), and so on.

Haven't included MRT fares okay!

$144.10 per month... maybe in PTC's dreams!


 Posted by Hello


Maybe we can learn to fly by ourselves.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home