The Good Life

Friday, October 08, 2004

It's A Wild Wild World

It's dark when I opened my eyes. The whole enclosure is very cramped and stuffy. I tried to break free from this 'prison'. The more I struggled, the more tired I become. I am weak I thought.

At last! I saw light coming from the hole that I had created. I continued to clawed at the hole.. hoping that the whole wall will collapse and I will be free. As I hauled myself out, I saw others doing the same thing. They also wanted to be free. Yeah.. lets fight for freedom together I thought. But then they don't seem to think this way. They only want to be free themselves. They stepped on me... pushing me down the hole so that they can get out first. I tried to reason with them.. but they ignored me and carrying on doing their own stuffs. 'Me first me first' seemed to echo throughout the area.

Then we are out of the hole. Woah!! Fresh air! Are we free now? I tried to strike a conversation with the one beside me. He don't seemed interested in talking. He just said 'halo' and continue his way. I tried again. 'Sorry I got more important things to do...' is the reply of next. Hey I just want to ask you how is your day!! I crawled slowly.. wondering why the others are in such a hurry. The sound of sea is soothing, but there is a sense of hidden danger somewhere.

"Argghh!!!"... I turned and saw one of them got grabbed by a seagull. Then the whole pack panicked. Faster faster they seemed to say. After a tiring distance we reached the waters... ok... now am I really free? Maybe.. I wanted to find someone and talk, but all of them just swim deeper and deeper into the water. Ahh.. there is one of them near the corals... swimming slowly. Maybe we can talk.

There is a shark lurking nearby.. trying to prey on unsuspecting turtles..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home