The Good Life

Friday, November 12, 2004

Exclusively Live From Iraq

US marines had taken control 60% of District 3B, or what they claimed... but fierce street fighting still persist in many areas. The US casualties are estimated to be 3 dead and 7 wounded... and the rebels deaths are estimated to be 37 killed and 46 captured. Helicopter gunships rained suspected insurgents hideout with machine gun fires and air-to-surface missiles, supporting the ground troops as they tried to gain a foothold in the city.

Ok look over there... Marines are storming the brickhouse in an attempt to flush out the militants hiding inside. And at my 2 o'clock direction medics are carrying another wounded marine to safety. Hey look.... there.. 4 o'clock! A militant is spotted shooting at US Marines positions from a rooftop! Now the marines are responding with small firearms. A signaller is seen shouting into his radio's speaker... probably calling for air support to take out the enemy.

"Hey Murphy... you come here! Will you stop wandering around?" I ran to Prospar side... behind the wall. "I can't concentrate on my job while you are exposing yourself to danger, stick to me you dig it?" This time he did not give me a wink. I followed Prospar and two of his section mates into an empty building and we went up to the roof. His section mates took up positions at various parts of the roof. Snipers... I regconised.

Suddenly motars exploded around us. Prospar and one of his mates huddered at one corner. "This is crazy man! We are facing some hardcore militants instead of rag-tag foot soldiers. The top people lie to us!" One of them spoke to me in condition of anonymity.

I will end my special report over here. This is Murphy... live from Iraq.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home