The Good Life

Friday, November 12, 2004

To all thy lovelorn

They asked me how I knew,
My true love was true,
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I of course replied,
Something here inside,
Cannot be denied.

They said someday you'll find,
All who love are blind,
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, when your heart's on fire,
You must realize,
Smoke gets in your eyes.

So I chaffed them, and I gaily laughed,
To think they could doubt our love,
Yet today, my love has flown away,
I am without my love.

Now laughing friends deride,
Tears I cannot hide,
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, So I smile and say,
When a lovely flame dies,
Smoke gets in your eyes.

Smoke gets in your.. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEyes. (emphasis added onto the appropriate parts)

by BeaNora on 09-04-2002 @ 05:31:50 PM
Well, this song's meaning is self explanatory I guess. But it took me years to understand what does the line "smoke gets in your eyes" mean. One day I was smoking. I was a novice smoker then, so accidentally the smoke got into my eyes. and then my tears came out. then only i understood. when a lovely flame dies, you'll cry. :p

by Theo Reo on 09-29-2004 @ 08:16:07 PM
...That's not the meaning. It's about how when you fall in love, you may think it's true love, but there's a good chance that it's not because love blinds you (smoke getting in your eyes). Favorite song of all time. I'm almost in tears every time I read The Catcher in the Rye, and this song plays at the end.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home