The Good Life

Friday, September 10, 2004

Expect The Unexpected

Im excited. This is the first time im out on mission wif the big boys. Riding wif them in the Black Hawk is a dream came true. I clutched my carbine closer. Im going to use this man.. i goin for a real mission.

We reached the destination sooner than expected. The whole place was littered wif black smoke. "They are burning tyres to create a smoke screen!" screamed Cpl Burns beneath the noise of the rotor blades. Gunshots were heard in the distance. The battle had started. I saw marines roping down from other Black Hawks into their positions. The pilot gave a thumbs up n Sgt Miller was ordering us to get out from the chopper. "Wes you are ok?" Cpl Den asked from behind. I gave him the ok sign. Now im afraid. This is so different from the training mission. This is real. "Ur turn Pte Wes!" Sgt Miller pointed at me. I moved to the edge n juz abt to grap the rope when the co-pilot turned ard n shouted. "RPG!!" The Black Hawk rocked as it did a defensive maneuver to evade the propelling rocket. Fuck i tot to myself as i lost my footing n lurched forward. I tried desperately to catch the rope as i fall but failed. All i can see was the Sgt's horrified look in his face as i go crashing to the ground.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home