The Good Life

Monday, November 15, 2004

Rise And Fall....

I have noticed..... that there are only a handful of sorry people still using ICQ. The rest have convert to MSN. To the remaining people using ICQ.... what is the reason? Still struggling to keep in contact with their friends? Why not change to MSN? ICQ has become obsolete... though no fault of his. Because people stop using it.

Yahoo groups? Who can still remembers that it has a band of followers in it's glorious days?

Haha.... what about Friendster?

Internet has make communication easier.... or has it? The tools are there... no doubt. But has people tried to use them to their fullest potentials? I don't know. And I can tell you it has become easier to lose contacts. You go think about it. And if people are using the tools... I believe the lack of courtesy can make it an irritating affair. Sometimes I longed for the days that telephone and snail mails are the only contact available. Communication tools have improved tremendously... but the people who are going to use them have not. Well I can't expect everyone to have the same wavelength as me, I often told myself this.

The aurthor of 'adrift-at' from antibody's blog... is experiencing something that I am experiencing too. Maybe I will give it much thoughts after my papers tomorrow. Tuesday here I come!!

3 Comments:

  • It's like there are lots of cars 2 choose... like Nissan, Honda, Volvo, Mercs, BMW etc... but sometimes i prefer to walk.

    By Blogger darren, at Monday, November 15, 2004 9:41:00 pm  

  • Above comment from...
    ---xiaolong

    By Blogger darren, at Monday, November 15, 2004 9:42:00 pm  

  • i agree with what you have said about ICQ. now it feels like an old abandoned building that once had its glorious days. ditto yahoo groups.

    also can empathise with what you mean by lack of courtesy going around.

    i suppose instant messaging, friends, these things are only so much. the tools are there, as you say, people are supposedly more contactable, but yet it's a case of so near yet so far. people who log on want to feel connected. they want to belong. but they ask: where's the intimacy? when is the last time you spoke 5hrs on the phone with someone? but yet again i think if such things bother us, what's more important is dealing with feelings of loneliness because that is the root of the problem (blame the root, don't blame the technology)

    yours sincerely,
    frank lampard's manager,
    jose mourinho

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, November 15, 2004 11:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home