The Good Life

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Rain Drops Falling On My Face

Finally! It had not been raining for a long time. This timely rain must had brought joy to the thirsty land. But there is no joy here.. only death. Although I am sheltered... but the broken roof still made sure that I'm drenched throughout. Cold. Cold is the word that can describe what I am feeling now. I missed my mother's hot curry. Missed my sister's whinning. Missed my father's presence. Missed my friends' rubbish talk. I am alone now. Missed her smile.

I must prove myself. I must prove that I am the best. All these years had been hell to me. Toiled through the school days.. the hard training.. if not for her i would not be here. Now I have the chance to show what I am made of. I will made them proud. I touched the sniper badge with my hand... feeling the cold metal peircing through my heart. Her encouragement ringed through my ears... I took a deep breath.. concentrate I told myself.

They are here. I will choose my target now. What the fuck is the black guy doing? He seemed to be in control over here. What? What the hell is he carrying the little girl? Are they trying to save her? Fuck it man... kill. I am the best. All these years I am the good guy... now I am the bad one. Haha.. I pulled the trigger. First blood. I gunned down my first victim! I am thrilled. Suddenly I felt guilty. What have I done? This war should not be happening at all.. We are at fault in the first place. She would be ashamed of my actions... no wonder she choose the other guy... Wait! She did not choose me because I am lousy! You have to carry on now... There is no turning back. I am the bad guy now! Yeah!! I am the best!! Now for my next target...

Shit... they are all in hiding... can't set up another good shoot. Stop it.... she seemed to whisper to my ears. My friends seemed to walk away. My family had turned their back on me.. No.. I can't turn back now.. I peeked through my scope... forcing my thoughts out of the barrel. Still can't find a nice target... then she walked away too. Wait! Don't all leave me! I screamed to myself.... Ha! Spotted a target. Aim... hey isn't he a sniper too? In deep shit now... her smile flashed across my mind before my world blacked out on me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home